Submissions are open for the 2023 Celia Center ARTS FEST Featuring:
FOSTER CARE AWARENESS MONTH … LIVE PERFORMANCES… utilizing the PERFORMING & EXPRESSIVE ARTS WITH LIVED EXPERIENCE IN FOSTER CARE…
- “What does Foster Care mean to you….?”
- “What image, word, or story do you want to make a statement with…?”
- “If you wrote a poem… what would you say?”
- “If you wrote a song… what would the lyrics be?”
- “If you filmed something, could you make a collage of your foster journey OR could you film an expressive dance piece or theatrical piece?”
Find ART IDEAS HERE
MORE ART IDEAS
“It’s not that you express, it’s that you explore the journey with your expression.”
~ Jeanette Yoffe, Former Foster Youth and Founder of Celia Center Arts Festival
We are Seeking Performers and Creative Artists with Foster Care Lived Experience
Ages 6+ – 106
We are looking for dancers, singers, actors, and visual artists such as painters, photographers, sculptors, filmmakers, poets, and any piece of art created by foster youth “showing the experience”.
Artists’ pieces will be displayed in the VIRTUAL exhibit at our LIVE EVENT on Thursday, May 18th, 2023 in Santa Monica.
Along with the application below, please provide jpegs, mp3, mp4, and a website and photos of the piece(s) of art being submitted.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: APRIL 10th, 2023.
PHYSICAL ART will be received.
We are not accepting digital submissions.
***You may submit it anonymously.
Please write Anonymous for your last name.